East Ayrshire Women’s Aid provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of domestic abuse and gender based violence.
Our training courses aim to equip candidates with the knowledge, confidence and skills they need to recognise, respond and work effectively with survivors of domestic abuse.
The following courses are available throughout the year:
- Understanding the Dynamics of Domestic Abuse
- Children and Young People’s Experiences of Domestic Abuse
- Coercive Control and the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018
- Safe & Together Practice Principles
- Safe Contact? Keeping Children Safe Post-Separation
- Honour based abuse, Human trafficking, Forced Marriage and FGM
- Prostitution: Commercial Sexual Exploitation
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Revenge Porn/Non-Consensual Sharing of Intimate Media
The training courses are available to multi agency practitioners working within East Ayrshire. Please contact us to find out more about the courses. In addition to the calendar we can offer a range of bespoke training and awareness to multi agency partners.
We also provide training on a commissioned basis to a wide range of non-statutory agencies and organisations. Training is tailored to your service and can be delivered at a time and venue of your choice.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Violence Against Women Training
Download our course notes here.
We provide confidential, crisis and long-term support to women, children and young people with experience of domestic abuse.
At East Ayrshire Women’s Aid our refuges offer safe, temporary accommodation for women, children and young people.
As many as one in four women, from all walks of life and cultures, have experienced a form of abuse from a partner or ex-partner.
We provide training and awareness sessions to other service providers, workplaces, schools, community groups and organisations.
10 Croft Street
Tel: 01563 536 001
30a Ayr Road
Tel: 01290 423 434
Monday – Thursday
9.00am – 4.30pm
9.00am – 1.00pm
*This office operates on an appointment only basis.
Scottish Charity No. SC001205 | Registered Company No. 396130